Friday, October 30, 2009

RCISEN2009 - Part Two

Countdown...

21 days to Cambodia Mission

30 days to Pa Adang Mission

40 days to balik kampung

65 days to new school year

133 days to a change of digits

Mission trips are just round the corner..Oh no! I've yet to come up with my song booklet and teaching materials...err...even ideas...I have none. Ok...maybe I have rough ideas. I will need to get it done the last, next week. I've got to really really really get myself working. I don't want to do things last minute but...here I am again, delaying my work...*smile* but I know, I will get it done sooner or later. Welcome to my world...

Alright...back to RCISEN2009

Dr Levan Lim, The National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technical University, Singapore..

"We exclude because we don't understand.
We don't understand because of limited contact.
We lack contact because we exclude".

Holistic approach...nurturing the whole person & development of qualities...

"Change not only of the mind but also change of HEART!"

PM Lee Hsien Loong.... "Let us shape our future together.....give people 2nd chance... care for each other..."

Prof. Dato' Dr Zalizan Mohd Jelas, Chairman of RCISEN2009...

"Since we can't find who has the power to implement, let's look at the power within us..."

Representative from Bahagian Hal Ehwal dan Pembangunan Pelajar, Kementerian Pengajian Tinggi...

"..We don't stop. We move on, find ways and means...We prepare them to be very effective citizens without feeling the difference..."

"....beat the system...be one step ahead..."

"...adapt, modify and make them suitable for them.."

"..don't expect miracles to happen with birocracy.."

Mr. Terje Magnussonn Watterdal, UNESCO Kabul/IDP Norway...

"Remove the word "special"... all kids are normal and special and have equal values..."

"Purpose of school...school to serve the child or the child serve the school?"

"School ranking should be taken away. You need to mix around in order to live together and to understand each other. We try to squeeze the child to be the same but they are not...First and foremost, children are children....all unique and created by God...for a purpose.."

"Parents...a support, to stimulate and raise child in a proper way"


No comments: