Sunday, October 11, 2009

Mission Trips 2009

Countdown...

5 days to TbtM

15 days to RCISEN2009

40 days to Cambodia Mission

49 days to Pa Adang Mission

59 days to balik kampung

84 days to new school year

152 days to a change of digits...

The numbers are getting lesser in value each day. Again, I am nervous ...haha... That's me!

This is totally different from TCF Cambodia mission because there is no such thing as the "young ones" anymore. Nobody to tell us, "Let the old ones do the job". Everyone are treated equal, which means you get the same job/responsibility as everyone else. *heart beating fast* Nervous....

Now, I am beginning to appreciate what the "young ones" get in TCF Cambodia mission. We are allowed to watch more than be in it...an observer of things. Now...there is no such thing...arghh!

I am very thankful to TCF Malaysia for inviting me to join the Cambodia mission because it has given me the opportunity to experience Cambodia before I actually go for the next mission. At least I know what to expect and roughly know a little bit here and there of many things, that I think would be quite useful for me this time round.

This shall be my 1st time joining my church mission trip to Cambodia and I just have a feeling that I shall go for at least one or two more time as long as I am still in Miri. I'm falling in love with Cambodia...I mean I find that we have a responsibility towards this people of Cambodia...or rather I see a need, I go and help, though I might not be very good but well, like what John Piper said, you don't need to be very good, you just need to focus on one thing and be on fire for it. For me, that's the heart for Cambodia...the love of God.

For Cambodia mission trip 2009, I'll be the treasurer and in-charge of social concern. I have no experience in any of these but, I am accepting the post by faith...haha... He call, He shall also equip...my motto.

Pa Adang mission 2009 shall be my 2nd trip to this place...another place that I am falling in love with. Lovely place... I am fulling my promise this time round. I said once upon a time that I shall be back into Pa Adang...I must come back one more time. God is so gracious... I am grateful. What more, this shall be the last trip into Pa Adang before the whole place and management is taken over by SIB.

For Pa Adang mission, I shall help out with praise & worship, cooking, children ministry...and dunno what else, forgotten. Hehe... This trip is not much of a problem because they speak bahasa, unlike Cambodia, they speak Khmer, only minority speaks English.

Lots of work to be done...still have time...no worries...no stress...haha....just a self-comforting words...





No comments: