Thursday, October 8, 2009

Don't Waste Your Life

Countdown...

8 days to TbtM

18 days to RCISEN2009

43 days to Cambodia Mission

52 days to Pa Adang Mission

62 days to balik kampung

87 days to new school year

155 days to a change of digits...haha

I'm highlighting a few statements from "don't waste your life" by john piper.


"ONLY WHAT'S DONE FOR CHRIST WILL LAST"

He is most glorified in us when we are most glorified in Him.

Now life could have ultimate meaning - the same meaning God's life has: enjoying and displaying his greatness.

God calls us to pray and think and dream and plan and work not to be made much of, but to make much of Him in every part of our lives.

God-in-Christ is the only true God and the only path to joy.

You don't have to know a lot of things for your life to make a lasting difference in the world... The people that make a durable differences in the world are not the people who have mastered many things, but who have been mastered by one great thing. If you want your life to count, if you want the ripple effect of the pebbles you drop to become waves that reach the ends of the earth and roll on into eternity, you don't need to have a high IQ. You don't have to have good looks or riches or come from a fine family or a fine school. Instead you have to know a few great, majestic, unchanging, obvious, simple, glorious things - or one great all-embracing thing - and be set on fire by them.

Desire that your life count for something great! Long for your life to have eternal significance. Want this! Don't coast through life without a passion.

But whatever you do, find the God-centered, Christ exalting, Bible-saturated passion of your life, and find your way to say it and live for it and die for it. And you will make a difference that lasts. You will not waste your life.

"I will not waste my life! I will finish my course and finish it well. I will display the Gospel of the grace of God in all I do. I will run my race to the end."

One thing matters: Know Christ, and gain Christ. Everything is rubbish in comparison to this.

We magnify God's worth the most when He becomes our only boast.


*I am learning much from this not-so-easy book to read..but by the help of the HS, I suddenly began to understand it...I am most thankful for these words in times of my insanity...I am learning and still learning and will forever be learning till death do me part...hehe...

To God be the glory!

2 comments:

akmj said...

wow. wish i can be like that...

all3 said...

of course you can...it will definitely make a lot of difference in our life...and for eternity...you choose your own path..