Wednesday, October 21, 2009

CHECKERS, Damansara Heights

Countdown...

5 days to RCISEN2009

30 days to Cambodia Mission

39 days to Pa Adang Mission

49 days to balik kampung

74 days to new school year

142 days to a change of digits

Arghh!! It's like a month before my trip to Cambodia...I am so stress. I hardly do anything yet except buy plane tickets...and Pa Adang is roughly a month away too....double ARGHH!!

So much to be done.... No more 2 mission trips continuously again for the rest of my life... Would there be more trips like that in store for me??? I wonder...please...no more...it's too much and too confusing. Plus it's the end of the school year. Lots to prepare for next school year.

Ok...let's forget about above...for now because I want to share about my trip to KL last weekend....hehe...

Let me share with you my visit to Checkers at Damansara Heights. It's an eating place with no signboard and please do make your booking for this place because space is limited and it's always full especially on weekends. It will not be so wise to try your luck by walking in.

The owner is a simple and funny guy with his funny answers and remarks to almost every situation...be prepared for his humour... Dressed in shorts and t-shirt...that's him...

Not the easiest restaurant to find if you are a 1st timer but CHECKERS is well worth scouting out. Head along Jalan Beringin at Damansara Heights, and then look for Lorong Setia Bistari 2 (edited from juliansi.blogspot.com).

I am not so good at remembering the name of some of the food...you just have to go there and try it out yourself.

Stromboli... ham with cheese...cost about RM43.

Same as above but this my own personal piece with sauce.

Lemon juice and Ice Lemon tea....both tasted real original and sour...
simply refreshing... RM5.50 each

Porky Best with papaya salad...it's the best...RM45.

Really juicy and well marinated...

Some chicken...with baked banana and salad... RM35.

Cendol Lychee with Rum...this is a must try dessert...
you couldn't resist the smooth taste of rum... RM15.

same as above...

Mud cake...so-so...2nd to Cendol above ... RM12.50

water melon....free...but after all the sweet stuff...this is quite tasteless..

Now, let me show you some other food they offer... (that I didn't eat but taken from juliansi.blogspot.com and lotsofcravings.blogspot.com)

Lord of the Ribs... RM98

Expensive mushroom

Pork Knuckles..I'm gonna try this next time

Galette...something like pizza but thin and crispy...

Rum chendol...look at what people get last time...there's so much...
economy must be really bad these days

Address and contact details:
19, Lorong Setia Bistari 2,
Damansara Heights, 50490 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: +603-2095 3304
Operating Hours: 6pm-10pm, close on Monday


No comments: