Monday, March 8, 2010

Forget Me Not

Countdown

4 days to a change of digits

4 days to BK Seminar

81 days to A & S's Special Day

97 days to PTK

145 days to 7th year

182 days to Cambodia (TCF)

256 days to Cambodia Medical Mission (GMC)

299 days left 4 me to meet the person


Wow..again...time is shorten in a blink.

As I read Lent Meditation 2010, seems like there are many reminder for me and maybe more reminder to come. Well, prayer answered since I always pray that He will always remind me of many things, since I am a very forgetful person, either when the sea were calm and peaceful or when the sea were roaring and raging.

These were what I've learned, some of it....

"St Francis of Assisi call to simplicity of life and humility before God challenges us to re-examine our attitudes toward repentance to Jesus who for the love of our love was prepared to die....Lord, deliver me from the clutches of my needs and wants. reveal to me what holds me back from pursuing You passionately. Grant me the freedom of simplicity, desiring only to have Your love..." (19 Feb 2010)

"Prayer is one of the avenues that God uses to transform us:To pray is to allow God to change us.....It is not a sign of weakness to pray but , rather, a sign of genuine humanity. Prayer is not merely for emergencies, but also for thankful praise that acknowledges our true dependence on God." (20 Feb 2010)

"Since that day, He's been my Friend. We've gone through many rough patches, but also sailed with the winds many times. Yes, "No one 'has' ever cared for me like Jesus" - a Friend ever-forgiving, daily guiding and superglue-faithful." (22 Feb 2010)

"But do we see our ordinary life -- work, conversations, meetings, chores, raising children -- as source of spiritual growth and nourishment? .... The smallest act can become holy when we do it for love of God. Conversely, church work and prayer become godless when it is done without loving obedience to God....We cannot always wipe away the pain and the tears. But we can learn how to make these holy, just as Jesus did." (23 Feb 2010)

And, these were what I was reminded....

"The father heart of God...
He loved me enough to let me leave home.
He loved me so deeply that He watched for my return....in this case, God not only watched, but He went to rescue me.
He loved me so much that when I returned home, He did not condemn me but forgave me."
(2 Mar 2010)

"God knows my situation. I need not mope. Instead of looking inwards and downwards, I were to look upwards - in worship and praise, which is rightful tribute to our God-King." (3 Mar 2010)

It became clearer to me what God wanted me to do when I read this passage.

"We fear the unknown. We fear of giving up financial or emotional security, power or status, simple comforts or the company of friends and family. But if we truly want to break free from the cycle of unproductive or meaningless work, there must be some kind of letting go -- in order to launch out with God..... Although the disciples followed Jesus, they never sold their boats and net. Instead the boats became vehicles for Kingdom blessing....When we surrender our most precious things to God, we don't lose them. They simply become available for God to use enjoy as He wishes." (4 Mar 2010)

Many people are challenging Christian to go into full-time ministry but failed to realised that everyone is actually already in a FULL-TIME MINISTRY as long as we called ourselves His disciples and doing everything for His name sake...for His glory....for His Kingdom. We've got work to do, Christians...we are not just church goers.

It has been years I was struggling within myself as to what God wanted me to do. I've got no peace because I thought I needed to go into "full-time ministry" in order to be fruitful but God kept quiet about it, giving me all these desires for mission but yet keeping quiet about it. I was clueless, waiting....praying...waiting...praying..."Arghh...what am I to do now???!!", so I thought.

Now, I am at peace with all. He finally gave me His answer. I'm glad I need not struggle anymore. I am not anxious when people "talk" about "full-time ministry". I doubt no more...worry no more.

For now, teaching shall be my full-time ministry...reaching out to the forgotten,the marginalised. I am reminded....teaching was a calling for me....not my own choice. Though I can't make them a "Smart Reader", what more a DR., I am reminded, "Whoever welcomes this little child in my name welcomes me," Luke 9:46. Plus part of the school holiday shall be dedicated to God by doing what my heart desires...mission...hehe.

Tell me now, how could you say I am in an EMPTY-TIME ministry?

"Whatever you eat or drink or whatever you do,
you must do all for the glory of God,"
1 Cor. 10:31.




3 comments:

Ensurai said...

Teaching is a great vocation! Every moment is a special moment when we are able to touch hearts and minds.

Sheena said...

Teaching is definitely full time.

And I know you are doing a great work amongst your students and you have a great story to tell re all the good things he has done in your life as a teacher..

Looking forward to hear more stories from you..

Sweet blessings

Sheena

all3 said...

Sarawakiana@2 :I agree with you...hehe and I'm happy to be doing what He called me to do...

Sheena: :) I'm not doing great, but God is working great! haha...but I do have lots of story to tell...haha. Though I might not learn much in term of my work, but I do learn a lot about life and people and most of all, I've experience how good n great n faithful our God is.