Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Great Eastern Life

Countdown

46 days to Mother's Day

66 days to A & S's Special Day

82 days to PTK

122 days to Miri TCF Teachers' Day

130 days to 7th year

167 days to Cambodia (TCF)

241 days to Cambodia Medical Mission (GMC)

284 days left 4 me to meet the person


Life is great when you know who you are living for.
I'm living for my Great Father who art in Heaven.

Life is great when you know that you do not deserve this life you are living, yet you are living because of Him.
I simply do not deserve this great life of mine after making a mess out of my life, but yet, He gave me this life today and He's pouring more blessing each day on my life.

Life is great when you know who is always with you.
My Father is always with me. It's always comforting to know He is always holding us.

Life is great when you know the trials and challenges in life are meant to make you grow.
I have indeed grown if you really know me. I did not reach where I am today in just a blink of an eye and through bed and roses, but through tears, pain and heartache.

Life is great when you know the purpose in your life, which is definitely not for your own benefit.
My purpose is simply to glorify Him...may my life bring glory unto Him who deserves it.

Life is great when you put others above yourself.
I'm in the stage of learning to do this and I'm happy each time I succeeded, plus it's so great to be able to see others in a happy mood.

Life is great when you know money cannot buy the people you love and those who love you.
I spent on others as if I have so much money but in reality, I am not rich neither I am poor because I have a Father who will always provides more than what I needed. God has blessed me and how else can I repay Him but to bless others in return.

Life is great when you are thankful and grateful unto Him in all circumstances and complain nothing about this life you are living.
I used to complain about many things, but since I know who I owe this life of mine, I am giving Him thanks for each second of my life and I am forever grateful unto Him who is full of mercy and grace.

LIFE IS INDEED GREAT!

*************************************************************************************

I'm particularly sad to hear young Christian teachers discarding their "course" when it is just the beginning of their journey.

It is so difficult to get Christian young people to go into teaching nowadays. Why?

Because the ways of the world has blinded us partially when it is nicer to be called Dr. Brian Lim, Brian Lim the accountant, Brian Lim the engineer, Brian Lim the dentist, Brian Lim the pharmacist, Brian Lim the CEO....

....rather than being call Cikgu Brian Lim.

I was totally sad to read this when one young Christian teacher (who wanted so much to quit teaching) told me, "Christian teacher are human and human has needs to fulfill".

What happened to the "calling"?

What happened to "Not my will but Your will be done"?

Did our Lord Jesus only gave the Great Commission only to certain people and not to all His followers a.k.a. Christian?

Can we not see down only at ourselves, our needs, our wants, our wills, and everything revolve around me, myself and I?

What's wrong with being posted into rural area or whatever area that we are not satisfied with?

Can we wait patiently upon Him rather than wait impatiently upon 'kelulusan perpindahan'?

I know I am not sent into the rural and it's easy for me to say....but....hey, what makes you think living in the city, teaching the city kids is any better than the rural?

If you start comparing, you will have no end to it.

So, get a life young Christian teachers!

Stop complaining and count it a blessing you've got your posting!

There are MANY out there who are still waiting and waiting and waiting for their posting...

....and here you are COMPLAINING ABOUT BEING POSTED!!!



No comments: