Monday, December 29, 2008

Holiday in the Land of No Turtles...Kuala Terengganu

The 4 lanes road from my house to the town center.

Holiday has officially ended for me for the year 2008. This year, my year end holiday is only about 3 weeks compare to previous year where it was about 1 and half month (away so long that even my car battery was out). This shorter holiday is due to my responsibility in invigilating the SPM which lasted about 1 month though the days I actually invigilated was only 9 days. Even so, I quite enjoy invigilating examinations because I get to visit other schools and "Wow" about all the facilities they had there. Particularly this year, I enjoyed invigilating the most, both PMR and SPM because I got a good school. Students were great and did not create any trouble for us. Apart from that, I like getting to mix with teachers from other schools. I am so cocoon in my own school that I forget teachers existed elsewhere too and they too, sometimes faced the same problems as I faced in my school.

Taman Tamadun Islam...see the Crystal Mosque?

Holiday this year was totally different from previous holidays I had and I enjoyed and treasure it the most though it was a short one (3 weeks is short for a year end holiday...don't compare it with your place if you are not a teacher). Holiday started with me busy buying stuff from Miri to bring back to Penisular Malaysia and then busy packing it, making sure the weight does not exceed the limit which is 20kg for check-in luggage (but they did not exactly mentioned the limit for hand luggage..hehe). This year I packed extra clothings too because I will be spending a few days in Aunty Nyuk's house.

Off I flew on a 0620 hours flight to KLIA. By the way, for your information, this is the earliest flight to KLIA from Miri. Skies at 0620 hours might be still dark in Penisular but it is not in Miri. Took a taxi with a kind of weird taxi driver which was not familiar with the road in USJ. My next destination is USJ, visiting my ibu, Aunty Nyuk, Aunty Sok Yan and Aunty Yoke Sim. Four days were short but it was totally full of quality. They were great and really took good care of me...like they always do once upon a time. Food were more than sufficient and "entertainment" were more than what I expected. It is good to be back with them after a long separation. I cherished each moment and wish I could spend more time with them next year and year to come.

My aunt, my cousin and my nephew from Penang came down to Kuala Terengganu early December and I really thank God that everything work out in such a way that I managed to meet them before they go back to Penang. They were supposed to go back on the day I was to fly back to Kuala Terengganu but somehow God made it rained everyday that my cousin's husband could not come down to pick them back. Finally, my cousin insisted staying a few more days till I am back. I am glad and happy to be able to meet them and also my cute little nephew. He is big now and is at the cutest and "naughtiest" time of his life...2 years old. Hehe...but he is a smart boy. Though just a short time with him, I hope to be able to see him again this Chinese New Year.

My nephew....cute and smart.


Last but not least, I get to be with my whole family, my mom, dad and brother. Every year, my brother usually will bring along his "children" but this year he did not. So, he is freer and I could spend time with him. Eating time were our best fellowship time because the rest of the time, my mom will be busy doing house chores, my dad will be in his "nest", my brother will be doing his own thing and I will be definately on my computer.

Oh yeah, plus, ibu and the whole gang came to Kuala Terengganu, a day after I came back. I was waiting for a chance to be with them when finally Aunty Helen called and asked us to join them in the lunch she has prepared for all. It was really good to be able to meet them again (as if I have been apart from them for such a long time...haha...). Then in the night, I had the priviledged to send them to the airport...and hey.....I met Rafidah Aziz...cool...she was in bright light blue clothing. Sending people off is not a happy thing for me, knowing I will not be able to see them again until a certain time and knowing that I will miss them very much, especially people I love...my ibu, my parents, my brother, my aunt, my cousin, my nephew.

Things are back to normal again for me....go to school, go back to my house, go to church, go to music lesson....hmm....that is my norm.

Above all, I thank God for this year's holiday....it was very special and different. Things I do not plan but God knows what I wanted and needed. He provides....I received it with much gratefulness and most cherished.


No comments: