Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Marriage...marriage...what art thou ?


I'm not sure how this topic came about but when I was chatting with my friends...this topic and thoughts came to my mind. Rather than explaining my thoughts again and again...why not I just write it down here. This is just solely my thoughts and I don't ask you to agree with me. This is from my psychological point of view.

Marriage...what comes to our little mind is a man and a woman, wedding gown, lots of money spent, who to invite, busy busy busy, ...bla..bla..bla.. It's difficult to find an almost perfect or suitable life partner, what more an almost perfect marriage. Time and value has changed. People no longer knows what is marriage, what comes along with it, good and not-so-good. Marriage in this modern generations seems to be like a performance...a stage show...to show to the world what a perfect and beautiful marriage I am having. Let me show you an example of this modern society.

Maryah has a new boyfriend every single year. The reason...this guy is not suitable, there is no love between us anymore, he treats me bad or maybe I've found someone better. It's vice versa with guys. Maryah continued to change boyfriends until she was 28 years old and she suddenly realised it's time to get married. At that time, she was with Frank. One year of "wearing the mask" courtship ends in wedding.

"I want this and this type of flowers, I want this and this type of wedding gown but I need to try on a few first before I can make my choice, make sure you borrow or buy a new luxury car for our wedding...hey...one more...I prefer wedding at that 5 star hotel...with grand reception. Need to do my face, my hair, my body, my hands, legs, toes, finger nails. What else??? Oh yeah, wedding photos, let go to this shop my friend recommended me. Take this package, they are nicer. Invitation card, don't forget. Make it red and pink with some inviting perfume in it. Send it out fast. I need to buy shoes that will match all my gowns. Remember, it's not yet done, this just part of it. I'll think of more things to do and buy and we'll discuss again later. Bye darling, see you for lunch."

Comes the wedding day, things seems so perfect and beautiful. The couple looks like prince and princess. Many guest come from near and far. Everyone praises the whole wedding thingy. The groom dedicated a love song to her beautiful wife...I Will Love You Till The End of the Time. The end of the wedding day and here comes the honeymoon....let's go to Paris..."Paris, here we come!!" One year passed. "Mommy, daddy...here I come!!!!" A child is born. "Oh darling, I think I need my mother to take care of our child. I just couldn't do it. It's so tiring. Breast feeding has been so taxing with the baby asking for feed every one hour. I'll put him on formula milk."


"Mom, please take care of our baby, ok? We need to attend our friends wedding tonight and tomorrow night too...hehe..our friends' birthday party. Thanks mom."

"Mom, Frank needs to study for his Master Degree. Can the baby stays with you? At least Frank could concentrate."

"Mom, I'm sorry I couldn't take the baby back home for the weekend because Frank and I need to attend a dinner...and I'll be working full day the day after. Thanks mom."

"Mom, I'll come and take the baby with us to visit our friends during the Chinese New Year. I'll send him back before the evening. Thanks mom."
Friends saw how cute the baby was and played with him....Maryah and Frank were so proud of themselves that they have such a cute baby. Friends looks at them and said what a wonderful family you had here. In the eyes of friends, things seems so perfect.

Years past, the baby grew all the while with the grandfather and grandmother. Mommy came to visit everyday...daddy visits occasionally. The baby...oppss...the toddler is so attached to....you tell me who. And they live happily ??? ever after ??? -THE END-

Dear friends....tell me if marriage is not a stage show. It's to show the world that I am married to this rich and ok...quite handsome man. I have a big, luxury car...and a big house to stay in. I am able to bear a child I called my own. It's to tell the world that we are so loving by staying close together and holding hands. It's to tell the world that I have a beautiful wife...or a handsome husband. It's to tell the world that I am normal because I get married and have children. It's to ask the world, "So, when's your turn to get married?"

At the backstage, when the world are not looking. I have a rich husband but you don't know how stingy is he. I have a beautiful wife but she can't do household chores because she has never done that before. I have a luxury car and a big house but I have to work even harder to pay for all those. I have a child but my mom takes care of him/her for me because I have no idea how to take care of a baby especially when they cry, what does he/she wants??? As time goes by, my life is my life and your life is your life. Love fades because there were nothing to hold on to. I just couldn't understand my child, he/she doesn't listen to me.

Marriage of this modern society is just a stage show. Everything is perfect on the stage but who knows what's happening behind the stage.

The moral of the story, DO NOT GET MARRIED JUST BECAUSE IT'S THE WORLD'S TIME TO GET MARRIED!

GET MARRIED WHEN YOU BOTH KNOW THAT YOU ARE MEANT FOR EACH OTHER. GET MARRIED WHEN YOU KNOW YOUR PARTNER'S WORST CHARACTERISTIC AND YOU ARE ABLE TO COMPREHEND. GET MARRIED NOT WHEN LOVE IS BLIND BUT WHEN LOVE IS PATIENCE, FORGIVING, RESPECTING EACH OTHER, TRUST. GET MARRIED WHEN YOU BOTH PUT DOWN YOUR MASK AND KNOW THE STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES OF EACH OTHER.

GOD IS OUR MATCHMAKER AND HE IS THE BEST MATCH MAKER.HE DOESN'T MAKE MISTAKES WITH HIS CHOICE OF PARTNERS FOR US.

No comments: