Sunday, November 30, 2008

Malaysian Oh Malaysian !


The other day, I was just reading one of the bloggers' blog about how "knowledgeable" (opposite) some West Malaysian is about the land Sarawak and Sabah. Example, some think that Sarawakians and Sabahans are living on tree tops..etc. I thought only some West Malaysians are so shallow about the Borneo but I found it wrong...in fact, many Malaysian do not know about Malaysia. Let's not talk about the very details of it but let's just talk about the location of the states in Malaysia itself. So, now my version. Hehe.

Chinatown. Look at the lamp post. Just like in Putrajaya.

I come from a town..oppss...CITY called Terengganu and I'm from Kuala Terengganu to be more specific. Yes, we Chinese are minorities in this land but there is still Chinese and Indians here. So, do not look surprised if I said that I am from Terengganu and yes, I speak English and Bahasa Malaysia and I do not speak pure bahasa Terengganu.

Jalan Sultan Ismail; where most of the banks are situated.

Just mention the name Terengganu and people will mention fisherman's village and people will say Terengganu has a lot of fishes. No, I do not live in a fisherman's village and I do not live near the sea. Terengganu has a lot of fishes that most of them will end up in some restaurants and hotels in West Coast. We still get to eat fresh fish though, compare to some other states.

Typical fishing boat in Terengganu by Terengganu River.

"I've been to Kelantan and Kuantan but not Terengganu."
That's because Terengganu is located between Kelantan and Pahang. You have to want to go to Terengganu, then you will end up in Terengganu. No one stop by at Terengganu because it's not a place of connection if you are from West Coast.
Me, "I'm from Terengganu." Someone, "I always go to Cherating..Club Med."
Cherating is not in Terengganu...that goes to Club Med too. It's in Pahang. Kemaman and Kertih is in Terengganu...if you have heard of this two names. If you don't, then now you are.

Introducing to you... Pulau Redang...in Terengganu.

"Where is Terengganu? I know I know...On the top is Pahang, then....?
Me, "Terengganu is in the middle of Malaysia. Pahang, then Kelantan, then Terengganu."
"Oh....!!"
Heeelllllooo!!! Are you a Malaysian???? I think, even the foreigners knows the location of the states in Malaysia better than a Malaysian. So sad.... :( I thought only West Malaysian thinks that Sarawakians and Sabahans lives on trees but some...some...from East Malaysia believes that Terengganu is in the middle of Malaysia and Pahang is up the north.

Map of Malaysia; check out where the capital of each states are situated.

What's wrong with people ? What's wrong with Malaysians (some) ???? It proves how much the education system doesn't work. This is basic Geography!!!!!

Malaysian are so focused of foreign countries that they can show you a country from a globe but not a state in Malaysia. Call yourself a Malaysian. Wake up Malaysians...get to know your own country before you venture out into the other parts of the world.

Terengganu is famous for its' island, this is Pulau Perhentian Besar.

Visit Malaysia....a land flowing with milk and honey. Yes, sucks the politic but count it a blessing. It's better than the other parts of the world.

The grass is always greener on the other side....but not until you see that it's actually a fake one. Although the grass here are not so green, at least it's a real grass. Be grateful.


PS: Photos are all taken from flickr.com. Thanks to all photographers for the photos.

No comments: