Saturday, July 31, 2010

7 years in Miri

Countdown

37 days to Cambodia (TCF)

111 days to Cambodia Medical Mission (GMC)

153 days left 4 me to meet the person

Happy 7th year in Miri to me, myself and I.

This was the day I arrived Miri 7 years ago...in the year 2003. My 1st room I rented was at Lot 196, then I moved to Lot 169 and soon...I shall be moving to a HOUSE!!! Finally...

God has been very good and faithful during this 7 years of my life in Miri. I came here not knowing anything about this place but now, I feel deeply in love with this land. I consider this my 2nd home...this is where my heart is.

Many things had changed during the period of 7 years. This town used to be quite safe and clean but not now....too many cases of gangsters, house broken into, vehicles broken into and stolen, rape, killing and snatch thief and everything else a city in Malaysia would be famous of.

But despite all, the harvest is just so plentiful....just waiting for people to harvest it but it's really sad to see that only a handful of people saw the harvest and do something. The rest saw and did nothing...others....saw nothing or just couldn't care less.

May God continue to use me as His instrument in this land that He had placed me...to be a blessing and to be blessed as well.

May God continue to bless this land and its people...that one day, all shall come before Him in declaration that He is Lord of all.

Thank you, Father for this 7 wonderful years in Miri...I'm proud to be a "Mirian"...hehe....

The remaining years, may it be fruitful....

To God be the glory!

No comments: