Saturday, July 17, 2010

Ngiling Bidai

Countdown

6 days to Miri TCF Teachers' Day

14 days to 7th year

51 days to Cambodia (TCF)

125 days to Cambodia Medical Mission (GMC)

167 days left 4 me to meet the person

Ranyai...the tree in the middle with gifts hanging on it.

Last night, we had a wonderful Ngiling Bikai celebration even though I was hardly in the hall to watch the whole event going on. I have been in Sarawak for almost 7 years but this was the first time I heard of that term. The teachers worked like crazy...tired we may be but it's still an event I managed to experience.

Ngajat (dance), cut the gift, throw in the money

Ngiling Bikai, simply translated means, "gulung tikar". This is not the same meaning as the 'simpulan bahasa' which carries the meaning bankkrup but it marks the end of Gawai Dayak Celebration, just like Chap Goh Meh for the Chinese New Year.

Pansuh manuk -chicken cooked in bamboo...delicious local delicacies

There's this one thing I just found out after all the visitation to long house. Hmm...I just found out that during certain celebration or receiving of visitors, the long house would actually changed their floor mat to rubber floor mat along the 'ruai' and changed it back to normal rattan mat or whatever leaves mat after everything is over. Cool! The trouble they take...impressed me.

Life is rolling fast before me but work is crawling slow along with me. *sigh*

For once, I'll be sharing tomorrow on mission to SMK Suai and till now, I have specific idea on what to actually share. Like always, I'm simply trusting the Holy Spirit to give me words. May all that I share be not directed to me, myself and I...or we, and ourselves, but be directed fully unto Him who enabled it.

My new hairstyle...not on my request




No comments: