Sunday, September 27, 2009

It's Over

The journey begins

Camp Boh Dia had finally arrived and gone.

I'm so glad I went for this trip. It was not at all a difficult trip. Everything went on so well and smooth. Perfect place to stay and food was more than enough.


This trip was different from all the other mission trips that I went before. I had no contacts at all with children....just teachers and more teachers and students and in general, the Camp Boh Dians.

The future of Camp Boh Dia

I love looking at life passing by me. Anywhere I go, I love looking at people, what they wear, what they do, what they talk (even though I could hardly understand a word they said), how they live, where they stay, what they eat...and everything else that makes them, them. A unique creation of God.

The crossing to our hostel

Hey...let me share out what's in my "brain" before I forget about it.

1. God prepares everything even before we knew anything about it.

This trip was possible for me because He made me born in KT where I would attend AJPC (that's my home church) and meet ibu, which later became a TCF staffworker, where I became a life member and later on, God led me into teaching ministry, which involves very much with TCF and to cut the whole story short, was invited to join this TCF exco retreat which I am not even an exco member. Haha....what a priviledge He had given me among the "giants". I am so blessed.

The street in Phnom Penh

This trip was prepared by God when He created ties between us and the Choo's, our dear Esther Ding and Dr C Thorn and also her husband who happens to work in the airport in Phnom Penh (he had been a great help to us).

This is what I mean...a close up with the villages..taken from the pony cart ride.

2. Life of Camp Boh Dians

Time is slow moving in Camp Boh Dia. People seems to live a very simple and slow life, minus the rich people. Their living conditions are very poor but you don't see the sadness in thier eyes. It's their way of life...they seems to be happy with whatever they have, how little it might be, they are contented. The pony cart ride was a close up to their lives from my sight. We were almost at the same level with them. Children were shouting happily as we passed by...adults were just watching as if it's a norm but friendly enough to reply our greetings. Animals were almost everywhere minding their own business. What attracted me most was the smiling face of one of the pony cart drivers. He seems to be so happy giving us the service. He never stops smilling. It was a pleasent ride just by seeing him.

The pony cart driver who was always smilling...
not forgetting the ones on it ...they were smilling all the way as well...haha

Through the windows of the bus, I see lives moving passed me. I see people everywhere. The more I see them, they more I see the similarity between us and them. There were not much differences between them and our Bumiputera's. They look alike. It was only their language that separates them with us.

The prison...where the downfall of Camp Boh Dia began

3. The museum and killing fields

This is where I could never understand human. Why are we so selfish, so cruel, so inhuman, so heartless, so blind....so horrible??? How could you do what you did? I wish you could see with your hearts....the fear in their eyes, the cries of their hearts and soul...your very own people. Might even be your flesh and blood. Who knows? But...I could see that some of them did not have this fear...but they died with dignity...their eyes showed that they know they did no wrong and they are dying for their people...for their country...although it was actually a wasteful death.

All had happened....that was the past. The present and the future lies with us and all human race. What can we do to help them build up this nations?

Killing fields...peaceful & green...but filled with the cries of souls...



1 comment:

akmj said...

yeah came and gone. in the blink of an eye :)

now it's back to WORK.