Saturday, August 7, 2010

Really Greener?

Countdown

30 days to Cambodia (TCF)

104 days to Cambodia Medical Mission (GMC)

146 days left 4 me to meet the person


In the midst of packing my "treasure" of 7 years to start another new life in another venue, my mind starts to wonder...again.

"Could the grass really be greener on the other side?"

I'm hearing too much from others and I'm also seeing too much of others.

It's always my dream to migrate to another country to start a new life there but this is still my dream...that have yet to come through and maybe will never come through.

People speak good of other countries...not all the countries but only a few countries...how they went there and never ever came to this land. How they admire the education system, the life...the people..the weather..the everything else we do not get in this land.

Kids said they love schooling there when compare to schooling in this land. I am always very curious about the education system in the other part of the world.

Alright, Singapore for example, somewhere nearest to us. They were once Tanah Melayu until they opt to go independent and look at them now, you judge it for yourselves. What is happening over there and what is happening over here?

But when compare with the 3rd world country, we are so much privilege and blessed.

But then, when I start to compare, there will never be an end to anything and in the midst of comparing, I might miss out LIFE.

In reality, there will always be pros and cons in every country, this is the world. There is no where perfect.

This land might not have the best education system, political situation, weather, lifestyles, public transport, and with its hidden discrimination and segregation, and everything else you can think of...I'm still proud to be a Malaysian but please, I'm not into this 1 Malaysia thing.

1 Malaysia....it existed long long time ago and as the time goes by...it fades away and now, do you think advertising and making a song out of it really helps?

I still believe in "Kepimpinan Melalui Teladan" but due to pride and selfishness, it only remain in the school textbook, to be read but not to be practice...."Why, why, tell me why??"

Actually, frankly speaking, I rather be known as "Audrey", rather than be known as "Malaysian". Who cares where I come from and who cares what race am I? Does it really matter? Because, in the end of the day, Heaven is where we long to go...our Home...prepared by the One who created us.

So, savor the "coffee" rather than the "cup".

To Him be the glory!

*psst...I still wish to go to New Zealand, by the will of God, I must reach there before I fall asleep. Migrate???..hehe...



No comments: