Monday, January 12, 2009

in STeP ... with the world of ChristianTeachers


Today is the 12th day of the year and it has been 1 week since I started teaching. Everything is different this year, students increased as we have expected, teachers increased, new subjects with new time-table system, resource room rearranged and repainted, longer school hours, teaching Bible Knowledge to form 3 students, new responsibilities....erm...and etc. What I like about this year is I am able to find the passion for teaching...teaching with a heart...teaching with God...teaching with love....and teaching...working as a ministry. How I found this passion which I never had ?

Some collection of previous issues of in STeP

I was browsing through a friend's photos on Facebook and I came across a wedding photo with the name of the bride Jan Lyn. Hey, I've seen this name somewhere...I think it is in the "in STeP". Is it the same person? Not sure. *search* *search* in my book shelf for previous issues of "in STeP". Took everything out and search for that lady with the same name and spelling. Finally, found! *Look* *Focus* *Compare*....hmm....Could not be the same person because both has a face of different shapes. So, conclusion made, not the same person but with the same name and spelling (I could be wrong though...it might be the same person...who knows). Being the usual me, I just put the stack of "in STeP" on my old CPU. Then, I took back the issue with Jan Lyn on it and started flipping the pages...reading here and there. Not that I have never read it before but I guess I was reading it just like reading any magazine. Read and finish. Keep and forgotten.

In this particular issue, it was about the testimony of all the new teachers being posted to Sarawak and Sabah. In the end I read the whole issue and while thinking back about the first time I arrived in Miri. They were all with friends whether old or new, they were with someone but I came to Miri alone, not knowing anyone. By the grace of God, I survived and being more than alive here in Miri.


Slowly, every morning, I will take one issue of "in STeP" and read it while sipping a cup of hot drink and then taking it along with me into the "throne". I started to understand what people are writting, I started to learn something from everyone's article, I started to value in it, I started to realised that I am not alone in this world of teaching, I started to see that many share the same vision and mission as me, I started to change my view on teaching, I started to see the need and importance of encouraging Christian into the teaching world, I started to have this passion for teaching, I started to see how Christian teachers are making impact in the live of students and finally, I am really encouraged to see and read of teachers who taught till their retirement age and still could show and share their passion for teaching...tell of the many lives they have touched.

Read this...taken from "in STeP" volume 18 Issue 3 PP6303/11/2006. This is one that make me changed in my life as Christian.

JOB vs MINISTRY

If you are doing it just because no one else will, it's a JOB.
If you are doing it to serve the Lord, it's a MINISTRY.

If you quit because somebody criticised you, it's a JOB.
If you keep on serving, it's a MINISTRY.

If you quit because no one praised you or thanked you, it's a JOB.
If you stay with it even though nobody recognises your efforts, it's a MINISTRY.

It's hard to get excited about a JOB.
It's almost impossible not to be excited about a MINISTRY.

If our concern is success, it's a JOB.
If our concern is faithfulness, it's a MINISTRY.

God does not want us feeling stuck with a JOB but
excited and faithful to Him in a MINISTRY.


This is just one part of it from the "in STeP". There are many things to learn from different Christian from different walks of life...different views...different ideas but it is so difficult to get Christian teachers to read "in STeP" and what more to become a member of Teachers' Christian Fellowship.


Oh yeah, just for your information. "in STeP" is a non-profit Christian newsletter published 4 times a year by the Teachers' Christian Fellowship Malaysia or better known as TCF.

Since I am here, let me do some advertisement.....

BE A LIFE MEMBER OF TCF...IT'S ONLY RM300/= FOR WHOLE LIFE.

BUT if you think you are POOR and could not afford RM300/= .....

BE A TCF MEMBER BY PAYING RM30/= EVERY YEAR.

Don't tell me you can't afford that too ? I bet your car petrol cost more than that in a week...or month....or year ???

People are always asking me, "What benefit do I get by joining TCF?".

"ONE...you get 4 issues of IN STeP every year which by itself will benefit you beyond money can buy and the world can ever give you.....PLUS...you could be a benefit to others by sharing your articles with others....AND I am sure your life as a Christian educator will be different. FINALLY, the unseen benefit is from Someone Above".

FORM ???? ASK FROM ME.......


No comments: