Tuesday, January 13, 2009

1st Lesson Learnt in 2009


Last Friday, I checked my letterbox and found a few letters for me, a bill from Celcom and another brown coloured parcel wrapped neatly. Address of sender ? Teachers' Christian Fellowship Malaysia. Hmm...what did they send to me? A book ? What book ? I opened it with much curiosity. Huh? A bulk of In STeP....Oh no!!! I need to distribute it. Not this issue!!! Any other issues but not this issue. *think* Distribute it or keep it ? *think*

Why I do not want to distribute this issue? Because I have my article in it. What would people think? They will think that I am just showing off. *sigh* What should I do? *think* Ok, before anything, let me sms my ibu. Sms sent, reply received. "Pls edar to prospective tcf mbers. Aiyo spread d blessings. Its not abt u only la sayang". Message received. Yes, it is not only about me but it is also about me right? If I have been doing this distribution thing a few times before, then it is not so obvious but why only now with this issue. *think*

Since it is a "wish" from my ibu, I need to think of ways to distribute it. *think* Ibu suggested posting but it's too much affort for a simple thing. Since I said I will do anything for my ibu, I need to get it done. Slowly, this distributing responsibility which seems so difficult become something which seems fun because I need to think and plan strategies. Cool...*think*.

First option, ask a friend to distribute it for me. Second option, I will just distribute it myself, ignoring what I think others will think. Finally, I used both options. Saturday, I distributed 2 copies. Sunday, I distributed 5 copies. Monday, 2 copies. Left 1 copy, keeping it for one of my friend whom I will meet on Friday. I counted it mission accomplished. How did I do with this task? Not bad. My skin thickend by a few cm.

Ibu said it is a stress for me but I think this is fun. I could do more. Next time, I will do promoting of TCF membership. Hehe. My next mission. Now, let's see this task from a different point of view.

One...this is a very basic and simple task of sharing blessing. All I need to do is distribute. It is the same as evengelism as well...just distribute tracks or whatever to anyone. Why afraid when you are doing a good thing?

Two...in order to reach out to people, sometimes or maybe most of the time, we need to be thick skin. Forget about what others might say about you or what you think others might say about you. Just set your focus right...focus on God. You are not doing it for people but you are doing it for God. So, who cares what others think and say. Nike...just do it.

BECOME A PART TCF TODAY!
even if you are not a teacher...
show your support for Christian teachers throughout Malaysia...
we welcome all into the family of TCF...

http://tcfmy.org



1 comment:

I Am Sarawakiana said...

Writing is always a good activity. One day some one will come up to you and tell you that your article has helped her.

Be of good courage. Paul wrote. And his letters touched the world.

I will certainly read what you write.