Friday, January 16, 2009

Bible Knowledge....1st Class


First class of Bible Knowledge ended today with the Introduction to Luke. Never have I thought God would still find His way with my life.

I got to know about Bible Knowledge (BK) when I was in Form 4, that was years....ago (when I was still young). I almost wanted to drop one subject for SPM in order for me to be able to take BK as one of my SPM subject but due to time limitation and no guidance at all at that time plus I am not willing to drop Prinsip Akaun which I like very much, I did not take BK in SPM.

All about BK was forgotten until I arrived here in Miri. Our dear uncle Henry Wong was the first to approached me to teach BK in the church but I was never interested in it or rather I hated studying and reading. I was not willing to go all the way there and teach something which I myself do not know. All seems a waste of time for me and the students too and dear Uncle Henry was a very good teacher. I could not teach like him. He is so knowledgeable and I would have to study extra harder if I would take up teaching this subject. So, forget it....

I attended BK Seminar twice in Miri eventhough I am not really interested in it. Somehow, whenever the seminar is held in Miri, I will be there. I still thought that I can never teach BK and I will not teach BK. It is not an easy ministry...you need to know a lot about what you are teaching because normally, students who take BK, are good students. I am no good at this. Even so, I am still very impressed by Ms. Moey. She is another person full of knowledge and her teaching sounded very serious but interesting. You can never want to not attend her class. So, again, forget about it....

BK seems to be everywhere in the In STeP. Almost every issue will talk about BK. I think students should take it but I think I should not be the one teaching it.BK seems so important but as for me, yes, it is very important and too important for someone like me to teach. So, forget it.

I heard from my friend that some students in my school in taking BK and she might be teaching this subject this year. Ok...I heard her and never thought much about it...just...it's good for her to teach it. Come year end school holiday and my Penolong Kanan 1 smsed me something about me teaching BK for year 2009 and asking for my e-mail address. WHAT???? Me teaching BK ???? But what was my respond ? I gave her my e-mail and here I am teaching BK to a bunch of Form 3 students every Friday afternoon.

When God calls, you can never run away from it. When He wants you, He will really make sure He gets you. So, just say "Yes, Lord" and surrender everything to Him and He will guide you through, the good times and the not-so-good times.

1st class, I taught the topic, "Introduction to Luke". Took me one week to read up just the introduction to Luke...read and reread...again and again to make sure I understand and able to explain it. Powerpoint presentation took me about 7 hours to finish it. Prayed many many times. Heart beats faster than usual. Finally, "God, You got to help me and I am depending on You on this BK class. Help me learn to relax and please, give me Your peace. The students might not be interested but I pray that one day, they will open their hearts to Your words and make a difference in their lives". Done...I had so much peace after that and trusted God fully to give me the words to speak.

When you are doing God's ministry, He will definately hear your prayers and ever ready to help you. When you are doing God's ministry, He will not leave you alone to handle everything. In fact, He will be with you and help you handle everything but when He is not helping you, know that He is watching you and He knows that you can handle it.

1st class ended well today. How about the next class and the classes to come? I do not know but I know I need to read, study and prepare. Apart from that, I need to pray and always be right with God and man. The rest ? I leave it fully to God. After all, it is His ministry and I am His instrument, for His glory. I can handle my lesson but the heart of the students...I let God handle. Only God can penetrate into their hearts.

Praise be to God !

3 comments:

Ev said...

thanks for the comment in my blog.. hope you drop by one day so tat I can belanja you the same looking delicious looking prawns...

Ev said...

eh... mind giving me BK lessons too? Teacher? since you spend so much time on reading up.. must share ma...

all3 said...

Can...no problem...attend my class lor...hehe...
Aiyo, BK is really forcing me to be a reading freak...haha...I hate reading...I'm a practical person and not a theory person..