Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I had been quiet from the blogs was because I am not in the mood of writing plus I had nothing to blog about. Since today is Mother's Day, I wish to blog about my moms. Yes, mom with an "s".


My mom was a working lady. I remembered her as someone who worked day and night, 7 days a week. She started her career as a clerk/typist and soon, she got promoted to being a secretary of a sawmill company with various international and local bosses. Her last I remembered was a Japanese. Japanese makes you work like hell but treats you well. Mom usually will bring back lots of goodies from Japan from her office. Being in a small town, Japanese stuff is not common and hey, it's not cheap stuff ok...everything were imported from either KL or Japan.

When I was in my primary school, we used to send her to her waiting point near my dad's office before sending me and my brother to school. I can't remember how she actually came back but when I was in my secondary school, her company van will come and pick her from our house. Sometimes, when she is working late, we will go all the way up to her office which is about 16km from our house. I used to love going into her office. Since there were no one at that hour, I used to explore the whole office...admiring everything in there and taking a peep at workers working in the factory. It operates 24 hours. First thing, check my mom's drawer and sees what she has. She normally will keep lots of goodies in her drawer. Then, we will either go out to have our dinner together or we will go home and take our dinner there.

I hardly spent time with my mother because she was always working, even on weekends. My late grandmother took care of us. We only spent time together when we are on holidays which were mostly quite short because my mom could not take a long leave but I am glad my mother worked because a working mother normally do not nag...haha...but my late grandmother nagged some of the time. My mom hardly knows anything about me especially concerning school stuff. I always remember her as a busy working mother. She goes to work after I go to school and comes back late in the night. We normally will wait for her to come back every night to have dinner together with her because if not, I will hardly see her face. So, most of the time, dinner was around 9pm to 10pm.

When my late grandmother was sick, my mother worked double triple hard. She will wake up early in the morning to cook lunch cum dinner before she rushed to work. When she comes back at night, she will have to attend to my late grandmother. She washes the clothes too since we do not own a washing machine until to this day. Everything is hand machine. I thank God that my dad had retired at that time and helped to take care of my late grandmother. That helped ease my mom's burden a little.

My mom became my "mom" after she stopped work. At that time, I was in Form 6. That was the time my mom prepares breakfast for me but then, I was used to only drinking a cup of Milo before I go to school. Anything more than that will make my tummy upset. I remembered the most was during my STPM, my mom will cook lunch when I came back for a few hours before I go back for my examination. During my SPM, my mom was busy but during my STPM, my mom was there. I really appreciate that. Since my mom was at home, I started to get to know my mom and vice versa. As the time past, I started to see the quality and character in my mom which I admire a lot. We are now good friends and she is a great mother and I would say, a loving and good wife too.

My mom is a lady with many words. She knows how to talk....with anyone and anytime. I admire her boldness in sharing her life testimony on how she became a Christian and what difference it has made in her life. This I consider as a gift from God. She is good at sharing the good news with people around her which I am the opposite. Her faith is so simple. Oh ya, my mom only became Christian right after she stopped working.

My mom is a lady with lots of patience. She does not "explode" easily and so far, had not seen her in an "exploding" mode. She is indeed very patience with my dad which is opposite of my mom. When I was angry with her, she never keeps it in her heart and later will try to talk with me about things.

I really appreciate and really thank God for giving me a mom like her. She is really supportive even when I said I wanted to come to Sarawak to work, she allowed me to go. I know her heart was reluctant to let me go but she trusted me. Nothing can ever take her away from my heart. My mom is getting older each now....duh...everyone is...no one gets younger each day but when you see her, she looks younger than her age. She used to be my "sister". As she gets older, I learnt to love her more, I learnt to be very thankful that I have a mom and she is still here today. Mom is always worrying about my future but mom, you don't have to worry about anything because my future is in God's hand and God is my perfect Father. He will take care of me.

I love you, mummy!

Happy Mother's Day !




2 comments:

Ensurai said...

You have written very eloquently....
What a wonderful mother! What a wonderful daughter. Give yourself a pat on the back too.

all3 said...

Thanks! =)