Sunday, April 24, 2011

Not Me but YOU!

Today mark the most important day in history. Christ had won over death, the grave had been denied. He is risen from the death!

I'll be sharing about two most important thing that I've relearned today. Sermon by Bishop Hwa Yung. As I listened to him speak, I knew that all those could not be from him, it must be from the Holy Spirit. He prayed and meditate before he preach. He prepare no paper, no sermon notes with him, but simply bringing a Bible along with Him and I believe, filled by the Holy Spirit.


First....PRAY!!

Everything starts with prayer, continues with prayer and ends with prayer.

Prayer is the most crucial thing in the life of a Christian. It's more important than breathing itself. You will be spiritually dead when you stop praying.

Prayer is everything and everything is prayer. One just cannot live without prayer.

Prayer is the work, ministry is the gift.


Second....IT'S ALL THE WORK OF THE HOLY SPIRIT!!

We think we can do many things, we think with enough preparation, we can do well, we think we have all the experiences life could ever give us, we think we have the qualification to do what we have do, we think we are well-trained, well-equipped....etc.

BUT....

NO!

We can do nothing without the Holy Spirit and it was all the while the work of the Holy Spirit, not us!

Look at how revival start. It was not among the talented, among the rich, among the educated, among the pastors and bishops and missionaries...it was never among the ones we think revival would start.

Revival starts among the locals, among the simple people, among the uneducated, among those who had never thought God would use them as the instrument of a revival, among the poor...

"But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong." 1 Corinthians 1:27

"But I tell you the truth: It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send him to you." John 16:7

Finally,

"I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father." John 14:12

Pray, it's all about the work of the Holy Spirit and have faith in Him!


No comments: