Thursday, December 9, 2010

Oh Preah Kun!

Countdown

Done with Cambodia Medical Mission (GMC)...the best mission trip... =)

22 days left for 2010



Sou Sdey!

I was back from Cambodia some time like a week ago. It was the best mission trip I had so far. The team members were excellent. Everyone were able to work in unity although we came from 5 different churches. Wow...I am amazed at how God worked through us.

the waterfront @Phnom Penh

Although we faced a few challenges through the ways, God proved Himself real by not only seeing us through it but giving us the every opportunity that will never come twice.


the team members

I've learned one very interesting fact, truth, lesson, experience or whatever you want to call it..."Play first, work later" really worked well when we have to work together with each other whom we never met before or worked together with. We started our mission this time with shopping time! It was a great time of bonding, of getting to know each other... And when we worked, it was like as if we have known each other for ages. Hmm...I shall practice this one day when I get to lead team on a mission...hehe...


It was a sad news too when we heard about the stampede incident when we had been there in the afternoon, and the incident happened in the night, on the same day. We always thought that the devil must be very unhappy with our presence there. This was not, according to one of our team member, the first time such thing happened when mission team were at some places. Through this, I saw the need to even move faster in reaching to the unreached. "They" are working hard, we, Christian need to work even harder. There is really no time time left. Look at how many lives that were taken away, that still do not know the true and living God? Look at how many that were gone, who did not know what Lord Jesus had done for them?

visit to the hospital - stampede victims

Life is indeed so fragile...and time is surely not waiting for anyone. If we do not wake up from our slumber, we will wake up one day and realised that "It is all too late..". Anyway, by His will, we had the privilege to visit and pray for the victims in the hospital. Not many of them were left in the hospital by the time we came out from the province but we waste no opportunity. It was a good experience no money can buy. I am thankful.

entrance into Angkor Thom

Thom Behkeng - watching sunset

the Elephent Terrance @ Angkor Thom

Apart from all above, "All work and no play makes Jack and Jill dull human", we went on holiday to Siem Reap. Although I had just been there few months ago but I gained more info and more experience. Siem Reap is a small city, more peaceful than the crazy busy Phnom Penh...haha but things are more expensive in Siem Reap. I've learned one thing, in Cambodia, you must bargain for almost EVERYTHING....I did not know I can even bargain for the tuk-tuk...haha. Cool...I'm learning the skill of bargaining but I learned to bless the people of Cambodia too. Don't be so super duper Bargain Queen/King until everything single cent also we swallow.

the sunset at Behkeng Hill...I wish I was not afraid of height & had a better quality camera..

Last but not least, I'm beginning to love Cambodia more and more each time I go there. This trip, my 4th trip, I suddenly felt so good to be back and now, I am really missing that land very much. Waiting to go back there in June next year and by His will, end of next year too...haha...I'm loving it.


1 comment:

Davy said...

Glory to God!!!

Chum Reap Suo... In name of Kampuchea people I thank you so much for your good feel, heartiness for Kampuchea. You have satisfaction to abandon your not long holiday to do mission trip in here.
Hope you keep your this heartiness for Kampuchea so long... :-))
Thank God for putting your loving in Kampuchea :-))

Although,I don't know clearly how you became a missionary in Kampuchea... I just know this is God’s will and His mercy for Kampuchea that sent a good team like your team and also TCF team here.
Thank God that love Kampuchea and put this love into others like you.

Marry Christmas :-)

Happy New Year :-)

May God bless you to get His abundant blessing :-))